Wednesday, September 30, 2020

6.6 Boston, When Can I Go Back?

When people think about traveling to their dream destination, many think some place tropical, a popular place, or somewhere outside of the United States. While yes, there are some places like that where I want to travel to, but I have been to one of my dream destinations, Boston, Massachusetts.

 

Let’s rewind back to November 2015. I was a sophomore in high school at the time, and I had the opportunity to go on a mock trial trip to Boston. I’ve always wanted to go to Boston. This was my very first trip, my first time on an airplane, and my first time going anywhere outside of Wisconsin or Minnesota. The day we flew out, it was Friday the 13th. I was a little nervous just for the fact that my first-time flying was on Friday the 13th. I remember my classmates and my teacher telling me about my facial expressions as we took off from Minneapolis. My face was lit up and I had a huge smile on my face for the majority of the flight. With the layover in Missouri, I was able to check off another state on my list. I’ll be honest, that entire trip was a dream come true. I felt so independent. I had four roommates, and we were able to walk the streets ourselves like we lived there. I also met some friends there that I still keep in contact with to this day. For the few days that I was there, I did so many different things, and I want to be back there. 

 

Here are things I did there that I would do again if I went back:

 

·      Ride the subway trains                                        

Airplane Image from myself.
Airplane image from myself

·      Stay in Medford

·      Walk the Harvard University Campus

·      Walk the Freedom Trail (almost all of it)

·      Shop at Quincy Market

·      Meet new friends

·      Ride a small ferry boat

·      Sight see

·      Go to Mike’s Pastry

 

Sitting here writing about this is bringing back a number of memories and my heart is getting full because I miss Boston so much. I can’t express how badly I want to jump on a plane and go back there. There is so much more that I want to do along with everything else I did the last time I was there.

 

 Here are some other things that I want to do:


·      Explore TD Garden

·      Go to a Boston Bruins hockey game

·      Walk the whole Freedom Trail

·      Go to more sub cities of Boston

 

Boston Skyline Image from myself.
Boston Skyline Image from myself.



This trip was a dream, and it would be a dream come true again if I ever go back. Someday, I will go back because I miss everything about it so much. I miss the scenery, the city itself, the landmarks, all the sights, and much more. It makes me happy inside and out, and I sit here and say to myself, "When can I go back?" 

 

I encourage you to take the time to travel to the places you want to go to because it will be worth it. You will make memories that you will always remember, and they will last a lifetime.

 

To find out more information about things to do in Boston check this out.

https://www.bostonusa.com/things-to-do/



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I loved your images as they had a personal connection to you. You did a beautiful job using lists to draw the readers' eyes to the most important information. I also liked how you intertwined your personal experiences and emotions throughout your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your personal story. It looks like you utilized the F shaped gaze pattern effectively. The pictures were good but an "up close" picture of the city life may have been better. Your lists were bulleted and formatted correctly.

    ReplyDelete