Wednesday, September 9, 2020

3.4 A Good Day Turned Upside Down

I’ll never forget the day my grandma died. March 27, 2014, it was supposed to be a happy day. Chad and I were shopping at Cabela’s in Woodbury, MN.

 

Earlier that day, we had our first appointment at RMIA in Woodbury to begin our journey with IVF. It was exciting knowing we were going to be having a baby together. After the appointment, we went to lunch and then shopping at Cabela’s. While we were shopping, my mom called and told me the news. I froze.

I knew my grandma wasn’t well, she had been in the hospital for a while now and didn’t know anything. I still remember the last day I visited her in the hospital. She was running her bedsheet between her fingers saying "I want apple soup". I knew my grandma was gone at that point. It destroyed me.

 

My grandma and I had always been close. She lived next door and babysat me since I was a baby. I have so many unforgettable memories with her, from playing baseball to putting rollers in her hair, watching her ‘stories’, the list goes on.

 

She was even the best great grandma; my two older daughters call her “Great Grandma with all the candy” even to this day. Every time we went to visit her, they each left with a baggie full of candy.  She kept that candy dish stocked just for the girls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment