Wednesday, September 9, 2020

3.4 I made that!

 I Made That!

On January 29th, 2015, something happened that forever changed my life. My son was born. I had just freshly turned 18 and will never forget that day. A mixture of emotions washed over me, but as I looked down into that newborn's eyes all I could feel was pure pride as I thought, "I made that." Having a kid so young and before I was ready was scary for me. Doubts crept into my mind about if I could handle being a mother, if I would be a good mother, or if I would turn out like all of the other stereotypical teen moms. However, doubts aside, nothing compares to the feelings I got when the child who was growing in my belly for nine months was now in my arms. I could physically hold him now and see his cute little face. All of the waiting was worth every second spent wondering, doubting, and preparing for this lovely child's arrival. Quintin was here now, all was well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment