Wednesday, September 9, 2020

3.4 The Unexpected Tickets

    In all 22 years of my life, I have only been to one professional football game, and it happened by chance. It was the fall of 2019 and the Denver Broncos came to Green Bay for a regular-season game. My dad invited me and my brother to come along on the trip to Green Bay  to tailgate and watch the game at a bar near Lambeau Field. About an hour into the drive, almost in unison, we get an itch of wanting to be in the stands. We all scramble to download the best ticket resell apps and search for groups of five seats. You could see the excitement leave our faces when we couldn't find reasonable tickets for the game. We quickly got over the fact that we would be sitting at the game and finally arrived in Green Bay. 

    I overheard that people sell tickets outside of the gate last minute and I knew this might be the chance I was looking for. As the game drew closer we made our way up to the front gates scanning the crowd for someone selling tickets. To our luck, we find someone with two tickets, and we buy them instantly. At this point we couldn't keep in our excitement anymore. We were getting into the game! We look at the tickets and see our seats, row 9 right behind the goalpost. The Broncos ended up losing but it didn't matter. I had been to my first pro football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment