Wednesday, September 9, 2020

3.4 Chalkfest, The Big Day

It was a day that I knew was coming... I was nervous for a reason. 


One of the days that I felt was important to me was participating in Chalkfest of roughy...2016. Chalkfest is a yearly event that takes place in UW-EC's campus, and you pick a section of sidewalk to work with, and you work on a mural of what you wish to create, just as long as it's safe for most generations of people and isn't offensive. You can either walk up to it and get a spot there and then if every section isn't sold out, you're free to work on it. Or you can register early, which is what I end up doing, and you work from 7am all the way up to 5 or 6pm, I have a horrible memory, so bear with me. 


Regardless, most of my life, I was made to do things my mother wanted to do, but never got to try it growing up, so essentially, she tried living out the childhood she wanted, on me and my siblings. Doing something like this...was unheard of. There was going to the event prior when it was still located in a small park somewhere in downtown Eau Claire, sure, but doing it myself? How would I even go about trying...well...anything about this whole event? 


I can surely say that while I was very nervous about going, trying something new, and waking up early in the morning; I had an idea, and I sketched it out two days early for me to reference while I was out there. Mistakes where made, it was bright, warm, I was slowly frying myself out there and forgot to bring sunscreen, but something about it...was calming. I put myself in a trance and drew away. By the end of it, I thought it looked pretty good, even though I was covered in blue chalk from itching myself and whatnot, and I didn't get voted for, but overall, I enjoyed my experience greatly, and I won't forget it. 









1 comment:

  1. This post doesn't have a title or a label. Please see the video and/or instructions.

    ReplyDelete