Wednesday, September 30, 2020

6.6 Milan: The Diamond of My Dreams

I am used to living a quieter life; enjoying simple things. Now, I’m here thinking about my dream vacation, and I’m completely overwhelmed. I have never thought about what I would do, or where I would go if nothing held me back.  
 
Maybe I’m wrong here, but I think we women tend to neglect thinking about ourselves. We’re naturally inclined to care for and put others above ourselves. We forget that our hopes and dreams are just as important. The opportunity to plan my dream vacation, as simple as an exercise as it may seem, reminded me that dreams don’t have to stay tucked away as diamonds locked in my imagination.  
 
When I think about the things that bring out the diamonds of my dreams, three things ignite my curiosities and excitement the most: food, fashion, and theater. Tokyo was among one of my top three choices for its culture, food, and street fashion. Milan, Italy eventually won me over. While Milan is most-known for its fashion, Milan is also home to extraordinarily beautiful theaters, quaint shops, and opera houses. I could list my must-see Milan destinations for days, but I won’t. However, here are three of the most talked-about go tos for anyone who finds themselves in Milan:
 

1.    La Scala Opera House Walking Tour: 

An inside view of La Scala Opera House in Milan, Italy.


This walking tour is perfect for anyone who has an affinity for classical music and architecture. This walking tour takes visitors through the La Scala Opera House and highlights the favorite destinations of famous opera composer, Giuseppe Verdi.
 

Photo Credit: La Scala Opera House. Photo courtesy of Charles Pat via Flickr.


2.    Corso Como District:  

 
Guests enjoy meals outside of cafes and shops in the Corso Como District.

Travelers describe this area of Milan as “posh and fabulous.” It’s full of quaint cafes and restaurants where guests can savor local Italian pasta and wines. It’s also a perfect place for taking in Milan’s nightlife or finding some new Milan fashions to add to your closet back home.  


Photo credit: Corso Como District. Photo courtesy of Roberto via Flickr.

3.    La Casa Maledetta: 

TripAdvisor rated this experience as #1 among several options for theatrical escapades in Milan. This Live Action Role Play experience takes guests through the haunted “Casa Maledetta” where they find themselves immersed in a horror story. It’s a different take on the escape room activities we typically hear about.   
 
I may not get to Milan soon. It’ll take me quite some time to update my wardrobe and save those pennies. ;-) But, this big ol’ diamond tucked away in my dreams will shine brightly one day. And ladies, the diamonds of your dreams will too shine brightly in time. Just do me a favor, don’t be like me and forget about yourself or your dreams—no matter how far fetched they seem to be. Remember the words of the motivational author, Kamil Thomas: “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.”
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Marie, I thought you did a great job of incorporating color into your post through your use of pictures. I also think you used lists and proper formatting throughout your blog post and definitely convinced me of wanting to go Milan myself! Great work. - Zaria Whitacre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marie!
    Good use of an ordered list for expressing what you'd like to do in Milan. You also did a good job with utilizing color for your headlines, really making them stand out amid the other text. The visual for the Opera House is attention grabbing and I find myself looking back to it because it keeps drawing me in.

    Good job!
    Tamsyn H.

    ReplyDelete