Wednesday, September 9, 2020

3.4 My Last Day as a Trojan

                                My Last Day as a Trojan 


Long dark-blue gown, painted toes and fingernails, curly hair, yellow silky "Class of 2018" sash, dark blue cap, and a blue and gold tassel..it was Graduation Day. It was the day the class of 2018 prayed and hoped would come after completing all the requirements and grade levels needed at New Auburn School District. 
May 25, 2018, twenty-three of us walked across the risers celebrating our accomplishments. 
 
The class was counting down the days until the day finally came. That day was pretty hectic I must say, but I will always remember it. "I can't believe we finally did it!" yelled my best friend while hugging me. We were all so thrilled to be out of there. A lot of planning goes into the big night such as an awards ceremony, the grand march where you parade around the elementary and through the middle and high school, last lunch together as a class, and preparing and prepping the graduation ceremony. 

As all twenty-three of us stood in line outside waiting for the grand march to start, it was very bittersweet thinking in my head "these are some of the last moments I will be having with this class." We marched into the school with cheers and clapping coming through the little ones and staff as we high-fived them. It was an emotional but exciting moment! After we did that, it was time to eat one last lunch together. We had Subway in the commons area. Lastly, before we got to go home before the big ceremony, we had to prep and practice. 

Let me tell you, it was quite overwhelming since we had no clue on what to do. The boys helped with the risers and the girls helped fold the papers for the guests to read. We all set up the chairs. Then it was time to practice! I just remember standing in line backstage waiting for the cue to come walking across the "gym" floor just nervous as heck. Our practice had to be done a few times but it was time to come home and get ready. Getting all ready was crazy, I was feeling nervous. When the big moment arrived, it was time to start! Standing on the risers was bittersweet and seeing smiles and happy cries come from my family made my heart happy. After hearing speeches, songs, and awards, it was time. I heard my name being called and I accepted my diploma with a huge smile on my face. My family over in the audience crying happy tears. It was over, this is the last few minutes being with my class now. We throw up our caps in the air and that was it. 

After taking tons and tons of photos with family and friends, it was time to leave that school for good as a student! My grandparents came over once I got home and we celebrated the rest of the night. Chocolate, cream puffs, flowers, and balloons. It was a day to remember. Also, it was nice to say, "The world is yours now!" 😊
  


No comments:

Post a Comment