Friday, September 18, 2020

4.6 Dad's Famous Baked Spaghetti

My favorite meal is baked spaghetti. When I lived at home my dad would make this dish often on cold days or when someone would come home from a trip. It’s a great dish that tastes even better the next day!



Your ingredients for baked spaghetti are:

  • Olive oil

  • Onions

  • Garlic

  • Olives 

  • Grass fed beef

  • Italian seasoning

  • Spaghetti noodles

  • Pasta sauce

  • Cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)


Kitchen tools for this meal:

  • Large saute pan

  • Large pot 

  • Spatula

  • Ladle

  • Casserole pan with lid


To begin the meal place following items in a large pan:

  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil

  • ½ cup of onions

  • 2 cloves of chopped garlic

  • 1 can of sliced olives

Let those items simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Then add in one package of grass fed beef, I swear you can taste the difference and it’s worth an extra $5!


Next, prepare the spaghetti noodles in a large pot.


You’ll need:

  • 1 pot half full of water

  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil

  • 2 pinches of table salt

  •  good handfuls of spaghetti noodles

Put the olive oil and salt in the water and allow it to come to a boil. Then place the spaghetti noodles in the pot and stir occasionally for 8 minutes. You want your noodles to be al dente as we’ll be baking them next! Once your noodles are done drain them and place them to the side. 


At this point your meat should be browned and you can add in your pasta sauce. 


Season the sauce to taste with:

  • Salt

  • Pepper

  • Italian seasoning

  • Fresh rosemary 


Putting it all together:

  1. Stir noodles and sauce in large casserole pan 

  2. Sprinkle assorted cheese on top, covering noodles completely

  3. Place in oven at 365° and leave covered for 20 minutes

  4. Take cover off the last 10 minutes for cheese to get golden brown


You should now have the delicious smell of  baked spaghetti making its way through your house, tempting all present to rush to the kitchen. This dish serves 3-5 people and is best served as leftovers! I hope you enjoy my dad's famous baked spaghetti.


3 comments:

  1. Zaria,

    This spaghetti dish sounds so good! The picture really made my mouth water. I find it funny how we both decided on a pasta dish as our favorite meals for this assignment. I like the headings you used and the lists. I like how the unordered lists list the ingredients in depth and the ordered list puts it all together. The lists keep my eyes to keep going down the page, looks nice with the format too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zaria.

    Your spaghetti dish caught my eye right away because I love spaghetti! The picture had me craving it right away. I really liked all of your lists have their own designated headings. It helps keep everything organized and can prevent the reader from getting lost while reading. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Megan Cernohous, I don't know why it keeps saying "unknown."

      Delete