Monday, September 28, 2020

6.6, A Wishful Trip to Japan

 My choice seems kind of barebones right? It's an answer a lot of people say, and I'd like to justify it. I shouldn't be the one to talk, I'm not much of a traveling person, I like what I know. So what's so interesting about it to me after all? 


I've Never Been Outside the US Before, Actually. 

Yes, it's true. The closest I've gotten was around Florida, South Dakota where I was born, stuff like that. And even then, when my family was still together, we would just drive everywhere. I've asked my dad and soon to be boyfriend how expensive they can be, and it's tripe digits expensive! So the closest I've gotten to Japan already is seeing people who live there walk around and show some really neat places on youtube, which I'll touch upon. 


What's Got You So Interested Then? 

Partially, some of it is inspired by my friends who actually got to go for a Highschool trip and showed us pictures of where they went and what they did. It looked sort of peaceful and pleasant, even if it was a rainy day or something like that. (I can even back this up where someone had left eggs to cook over boiling water, something like that, and no one would steal it! So nice, as small as the thought of it is.) The latter half is from what I've seen from someone who lives there, and talks (or vlogs in this case) about the location he is visiting. Of course, as I'm writing this, the names of these places slip my head, but I can remember what they look like, what they're about. The best way I can put it, is that that the US could try to be as different from these stores, these places, but I don't think it could ever pull it off, without looks from other people, if that makes any sense. 


I miss going places, but I think that would be my ideal choice, free of money or risk of COVID. 

2 comments:

  1. Great Job Katelyn!
    I enjoyed reading your article. Things I liked about your blog post was how you matched the colors and font of all the headlines to the colors of this blog. I think you did an over all great job. My only critic is that I wished you had put photos into your blog post to make it more appealing and coincide with our module this week.
    Keep up the great job!
    - Abigail Brandt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I have a similar view as you have that I have not been far outside of the United States. I have crossed into Canada and I don't count that as well traveled. I also like your approach that less can be more. I agree that if somewhere is literally just a different scene from your normal it can be a great adventure. Thank you for sharing this idea! I hope we both get to visit there one day.

    ReplyDelete